Friday, July 29, 2011

Movies Sent From i-phone / how to turn them

How to turn the movies right side up when you view them on your computer.

You’ll need to download QUICKTIME to your computer


1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.

2. Click Set your default programs

3. In the Programs list, click QUICKTIME , and then click Choose defaults for this program.

4. You can select the check boxes next to the file types that you want QUICKTIME to play by default.

SO, if you want QUICKTIME to play .mov files (which are the video files from the I-Phone) then put a check mark there.

While I was there, I also put a check mark beside .jpg  ---  it didn’t open the picture in the correct position, but I could click on “Image” at the top of the picture and click “rotate right” to see the picture straight up

I'm glad to finally get my daughter-in-law off the hook.  We kept complaining that the pictures and videos that she sent us from her i-phone were sideways.  Now we know that she was doing it right -- our computers ( and Windows Media, for me) were reading it wrong.

I am so excited to see my grandson without having to lay my head on my computer keyboard !!